Saturday 28 June 2008

Non SU




Hi All, I just can't wait to tell you all what a wonderful day I've had today. First my very good friends arrived for coffee and a play day, so we got out some paints, canvas and some rinse aid. Yes rinse aid! this was a technique which I had learnt from the very uba talented Kelsey last year and it was made famous by another uba talented lady Claudine Hellmuth. You take a canvas and paint it with thin or runny acrylic paint, while it's still wet you swoosh some rinse aid over it. We chose to do this part with a tooth brush dipped into the bottle of rinse aid then splatter it over the canvas. Then we dried that layer and with a damp rag we then wiped"or scrubbed" away untill the area with the rinse aid came up lightened. Then we applied another coat of paint in a complementing colour and repeated the first process. When all this was looking rather yummy we then stamped some images onto our gorgeous backgrounds, after which we then added some printed images or some very beautiful pictures from the Collections pack which I got out of my stash.."no of course I hadn't been hoarding it". We found some nice bits of German scrap and other embellishments to finish of our wonderful little works of art.

No comments: