Friday 13 June 2008

Hi All, I'm trying to keep up with my posting this week. I have a few oldies which I hadn't shown you so I thought I'd post those ones before my latest ones. I made this set for a hostess and so many people liked it that I decided to do it as a class. It worked beautifully and everyone was happy with thier finished projects. The wow factor was the candle, I must admit it's always one of my favourites too. I used the Stampin'Up!® set called 'wild rose" along with Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke ink on the gift box, candle and scrap page, the card has old olive instead of Always Artichoke. The card stock used was Very Vanilla and Bravo Burgundy, the card has Old Olive as well. The photo is of DH's great Grand Mother. The stamping method used for this set was the two step and because I only used the two colours I stamped off first for the background stamp and didn't for the outline stamp. I used that wonderful gadget called the Stamp-a-ma-jig to aline the roses on the card and the candle but did it by eye for a different effect on the other items.
Unfortunately my counter seems to be on the blink and I was just about to celebrate the five hundredth visitor too, oh well maybe I'll have to start all over again. Thanks for looking, take care and stay inky. If you have any questions about the technique used or the tools etc. please feel free to contact me via e-mail: charmaineblck@yahoo.com.au :-)

No comments: