Wednesday 10 September 2008

Ingrid's Birthday card!


Hello paper crafters, I know it's been a while since my last post for father's day, I have been struck down by the dreaded flu! First my DH got it, then my DD and then she kindly shared it with me. I'm not feeling the best and I have to try and make a whole heap of swaps for our regional convention on Sat. here in Perth. I'm so excited about going as it will be my first Stampin'Up!® event. I will tell you all about it after I've been. I made this card for a dear friend who has been away on a great holiday, she was away for her birthday, but I gave this to her on her return home. I used my one of my favourites from the mini called 'Always', I embossed with some of Stampin'Up's gor-jus gold embossing powder. The background was so much fun to create but you can't really see all the colours on it from this photo, I used the 'Sanded' and the 'En Francais' background stamps, I used sponges to mix on several different colours including: River Rock, Groovy Guava, Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose. I used the mat pack to create the faux stitching around the card and the tag punches for the happy birthday tag, some yummy Choc Chip taffeta ribbon down the left hand side. I also used the half inch circle punch to cut out all those little flowers, but had to use scissors to cut out the others and the hearts. I hope Ingrid liked it as much as I had fun making it. Take care all and try and avoid this flu, lots of inky hugs from...
>

No comments: